OnePlus launched its OnePlus 5 flagship smartphone this year and a few weeks back they have announced the Android Oreo Beta program for the OnePlus 5. Now after an extended period, we have some good news for the OnePlus 5 smartphone users.
Recently OnePlus has released the Android 8.0 Oreo official update for the smartphone, and currently, it is in the rolling phase so without wasting any time let’s jump to detailed information about the update.
The Android 8.0 Oreo update includes all the new features of Oreo along with that Carl Pei(Co-founder OnePlus) has confirmed on his Twitter handle that OnePlus 5 will also get the Face recognition feature similar to what we have seen on the bigger brother OnePlus 5T. The update weighs gigantic at 1.58GB, and it also includes the latest December security patch which means along with new experience the smartphone will get more secure. The new update is known as the “Oxygen OS 5.0”, below we have mentioned some of the major changes that this update brings.
OxygenOS 5.0(Android 8.0 Oreo) features:
- ) New December security patch.
- ) All traditional Android 8.0 Oreo features including the adaptive icons, new notification channel, etc.
- ) New Launcher.
- ) A user can now upload images through Shot on OnePlus.
- ) New Camera UI, Beautification in Portrait mode, improved image quality, etc.
- ) Places Tab now available in Gallery.
- ) History feature added in Calculator.
- ) Parallel Apps feature, new quick settings design, an adaptive mode for screen calibration, optimization for Wi-Fi, etc.
It is an OTA update, and if you haven’t yet received it, then there is nothing to bother as in a day or two you will get it.