Here is the best method to root your Redmi 3 or Redmi 3s prime, the method is 100% tested and will easily root your Xiaomi Redmi 3S and 3S Prime device and can also flash a custom recovery onto your device.
Before we start the procedure make sure you follow these things.
- Charge your device to at least 80%.
- Take a backup of all your important data in your PC or in Cloud.
- This method is only for snapdragon variants.
- Even though the method is 100% working, our team will not be responsible for any problem caused to your device during the process.
You will need some files to perform this procedure, here are the links to download them.
Now before moving on to the next step you need to do two things.
- Go to settings>about phone and tap on build number for 6-7 times, if you are greeted by the term ” You are now a developer”, you are good to go.
- Go to settings then additional settings and open developer options, now what you need to do is enable USB Debugging and then enable OEM Unlock.
Unlocking Bootloader Of Redmi 3S And 3S Prime
- Navigate to where you have downloaded the MiUnlock application on your computer and unzip the file.
- Now simply just run the MiFlashUnlock.exe file.
- Boot your device into fastboot mode( Hold volume down and power key together while the phone is off).
- Now sign in with your Mi Account on the MiUnlock app.
- If it shows that a device is connected go ahead and click on Unlock
6.After the process is done simply click on reboot button and your phone will now boot up.
Flashing Custom Recovery (Ex. TWRP, CWM)
Now let’s install TWRP recovery on your device.
- Before we start make sure that you copy the Supersu.zip file which you downloaded earlier in the internal storage(not in any folder) of your device.
- Boot your phone into fastboot mode( Hold volume down and power key together while the phone is off).
- Connect your device to your PC.
- Navigate to where you have downloaded the TWRP zip file earlier and unzip it.
- Now run the FLASHER TOOLKIT LANDv1.bat and press any key to continue.
- You will be greeted by this menu and all you need to do is type “1” and press enter.
7. Follow the onscreen instructions and once the process is finished your device will boot into recovery mode and you will see the freshly installed TWRP recovery.
- Now for being on the safe side take a full nandroid backup of your device by selecting the backup option in TWRP.
How To Root Redmi 3S And Redmi 3S Prime
- Boot into recovery mode( Hold Volume up and power key together for a few seconds while the device is off).
- Tap on the install button and navigate to where you have copied the SuperSu file earlier and select it.
- You just need to swipe to install it and the process will be done automatically.
- Now simply reboot your phone, you will find an app named “Supersu” in the app drawer.
- To confirm that you have root access, download Root checker application from play store and confirm it. If root checker app says root access available then Enjoy you have rooted your Redmi 3S.