Lenovo well-known for its smartphones in Indian and Russia has taken over the market with its budget and mid-range phones. As they offer a satisfying price to performance ratio and doesn’t skimp on necessary sensors or other nifty hardware things.
Lenovo also has Motorola in its arsenal of Mobile business, taking care of the Upper-mid range to High-end phones, while Motorola’s plans are clear on Updating their smartphones to the latest version of Android. But Lenovo doesn’t seem to have shown any interest in the new updates yet. The latest update brings many new features to Android’s core main framework as well as in UI.
Android Oreo New Features
- More Power saving
- Earlier updates with thanks to “Project Treble.”
- Faster Reboots with Android Oreo
- Better Bluetooth support
- Apps are better thanks to Google Play Protect for app scanning and protection before downloading
- Wi-Fi Aware Neighbor Awareness Networking or NAN)
- Autofilling of fields making a breeze for password management
- Bootloop prevention with the new “Rescue Party.”
The company is not known for providing major updates quickly, but it gets the job done better late than never. Interestingly, now that Lenovo has adopted to go with Stock Android, that means it’s famous Vibe UI is no more and now comes with the vanilla stock Android, like its Motorola phones. So, now we could see better and faster updates being pushed from the PC-giant.
Here are the Lenovo devices that will receive the Android Oreo Update, Note that Lenovo has completely abandoned there Phab series of phones including Project Tango phone and their once Flagship Vibe X3. The devices with the (Possible) moniker below could or could not be updated to Android Oreo, so take it with a grain of salt. We mentioned the Vibe K5 Note because it has sold very well and is still selling in huge numbers, but it looks like the company will disappoint its users.
Lenovo isn’t going to update a huge number of its devices to the latest version of Android, while the recently launched Lenovo K8 series of smartphones will surely get the update, other smartphones from the house of Lenovo will miss out on the Android Oreo update. The Lenovo K8 series will get the official Android Oreo update in July 2018.
Here are the Lenovo and Zuk smartphones that will get the Android Oreo 8.x update.
- Lenovo K8 Note
- Lenovo K8 Plus
- Lenovo K8
Here are the Lenovo devices that will not get the Android Oreo update.
- Lenovo K5 Note
- Lenovo P2 (Possible)
- Lenovo K6 Note (Possible)
- Lenovo K6 Power (Possible)
- Lenovo Zuk Z2
- Lenovo Zuk Z2 Plus
- Lenovo K5 Note (Possible)
- Lenovo K4 Note
- Lenovo K3 Note
- Lenovo Vibe K5
- Lenovo Phab 2 Pro
- Lenovo Phab 2
- Lenovo Phab 2 Plus
Lastly, the Zuk subsidiary of Lenovo is in plans to be shut-down so; the Zuk Phones will not get the latest update.
Subscribe to The Leaker
Spotify Premium APK Download 126.96.36.1993 (Mod No Root)(May 2019)
Xiaomi Pocophone Poco F2 (Redmi K20) ‘Leaked’ Price, Specs and Release Date
GB WhatsApp 2019 Download APK 6.60, 6.88, 7.00, 7.81 (May Official)
Lucky Patcher 2019 APK Download Official V8.3.9 (May Direct Link)
Xiaomi Mi A3, Mi 7X and A3 Lite Specs, Price, Leaks And Release Date
RealMe One (RealMe 1) Android 9 Pie update date: ColorOS 6 Update
WhatsApp Plus 2019 APK Download Official 7.00, 7.81 [May Direct link]
GBWhatsapp Plus APK Download ‘Latest Version’ (Direct Link)
GBWhatsApp Vs. WhatsApp Plus: Which one is better
OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T Android 9 Pie Update: Release Date and FAQ
- How to Activate Dark Mode in Whatsapp [No Root] [Easy Guide]
- Samsung Galaxy M20 Pie Update and Android Q Update Timeline
- Samsung Galaxy M10 Pie Update and Android Q Update Timeline
- KineMaster for PC – Download For Windows 10/ 8/ 8.1/ 7 and Mac
- Lucky Patcher 2019 APK Download Official V8.3.9 (May Direct Link)
- Print Web Pages in PDF using Opera Browser 52 APK for Android