Xiaomi’s Redmi Note 5 Pro is killing it on all fronts as now the device already got Android Oreo 8.1 update (MIUI 9.5) which it received last week. Things don’t stop there for Xiaomi’s latest device, because a couple of days ago the Redmi Note 5 Pro got the official TWRP custom recovery and now the device is getting another sweet new update.
Though it’s unofficial but worth mentioning that now the device also gets LineageOS 15.1 support which is based on Android Oreo 8.1 and brings the clean stock Android experience along with the ability for endless customizations.
This is just an example of how intense the development community for the Redmi Note 5 Pro is moving ahead with each day passing by. Moreover, now with the LineageOS 15.1 unofficially released for the device, we think it could also get an Official LineageOS 16 release as well when Android P 9.0 comes out later this year.
Now as far as the ROM is concerned, the essential things are working so good so far. For instance, the Camera(pictures for rear and selfie camera/video recording/GPS tagging), Calls, Sms, Mobile Data, the fingerprint scanner, WiFi, Bluetooth and the most important part VoLTE also works here. However, this is still a Beta release and not a final stable version, which might arrive in the coming weeks.
It is still recommended that you check the original thread which you can find here, apart from that before flashing the ROM your Redmi Note 5 Pro should have an unlocked bootloader, as well as root access to install this custom ROM on your phone. Here’s the complete guide on How to Root your Redmi Note 5 Pro and also install TWRP recovery.
Now to install this ROM on your device, use the download links given below, and then follow the steps.
How to install LineageOS 15.1 (Unofficial Release) on Redmi Note 5 Pro
- Download the LineageOS 15.1 Custom ROM as well as the recommended Gapps and extract them in a folder on Redmi Note 5 Pro’s internal storage.
- Now you need to enter into the TWRP mode, to do so Shut down(Power Off) your Redmi Note 5 Pro and hold the Volume Down key along with Power key for a few moments
- After that, Select the Wipe option from the TWRP’s options menu and after that, Tap on theWipe Dalvik, Cache, and Cache partition, as a clean flash is always recommended
- Instantly, head back into the TWRP recovery’s main menu, and hit on the Install option
- Now you need to browse that LineageOS 15 ROM that we have extracted earlier on your inner storage and Select it
- Once, the ROM is Selected, now to flash it, just Swipe to approve the installation, and the LineageOS 15.1 custom ROM will start installing on your Redmi Note 5 Pro
- Do the same for the Gapps and flash it as well
- Now reboot your system which might take some more time than regular, reboots
And you will be up and running with LineageOS 15.1 based on Android Oreo 8.1 on your Redmi Note 5 Pro. This is a good opportunity for users who fancy Stock Android experience over MIUI.
Subscribe to The Leaker
Spotify Premium APK Download 18.104.22.1683 (Mod No Root)(May 2019)
Xiaomi Pocophone Poco F2 (Redmi K20) ‘Leaked’ Price, Specs and Release Date
GB WhatsApp 2019 Download APK 6.60, 6.88, 7.00, 7.90 (May Official)
Lucky Patcher 2019 APK Download Official V8.3.9 (May Direct Link)
Xiaomi Mi A3, Mi 7X and A3 Lite Specs, Price, Leaks And Release Date
RealMe One (RealMe 1) Android 9 Pie update date: ColorOS 6 Update
GBWhatsapp Plus APK Download ‘Latest Version’ (Direct Link)
WhatsApp Plus 2019 APK Download Official 7.00, 7.81 [May Direct link]
GBWhatsApp Vs. WhatsApp Plus: Which one is better
OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T Android 9 Pie Update: Release Date and FAQ
- Minecraft Pocket Edition APK + Mod APK (Latest Version 2019 Download)
- How to Activate Dark Mode in Whatsapp [No Root] [Easy Guide]
- Samsung Galaxy M20 Pie Update and Android Q Update Timeline
- Samsung Galaxy M10 Pie Update and Android Q Update Timeline
- KineMaster for PC – Download For Windows 10/ 8/ 8.1/ 7 and Mac
- Lucky Patcher 2019 APK Download Official V8.3.9 (May Direct Link)