Xiaomi’s Redmi Note 5 Pro is currently selling like hotcakes and is the talk of the town for quite some time now. The smartphone itself is packed with vast feature list, however, if you still want to try new firmware and take full advantage of the system, you need to root it, and in this post, we’ll take a look at how to Root and install a custom recovery on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro. Meanwhile, if you’re not aware, then you need to know that Xiaomi is currently rolling out Android Oreo 8.1 that’s MIUI 9.5.4 for the Redmi Note 5 Pro.
To begin with, as always you will need a PC/laptop for this procedure to get going and also you will need to download some essential files that are required to root and also flash a custom recovery(TWRP Recovery in this case) on your Redmi Note 5 Pro. Also, you need to make sure you have more than 60% battery in reserve before you start the process.
Requirements and Downloads
- A complete backup of all your data
- Download and Install Xiaomi USB Drivers
- A PC/Laptop
- ADB fastboot tools
- TWRP custom recovery for the Redmi Note 5 Pro
How to Root Redmi Note 5 Pro
Before we begin with the rooting process, your Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro needs to have an Unlocked Bootloader. With Xiaomi unlocking the bootloader is an easy task, all you need to do is have a PC with working internet connection and just visit this website here, where you’ll find a specialized tool to unlock your bootloader without any hassle quickly.
However, before you do that, make sure you have OEM unlocking option enabled on your phone as well as the USB debugging option.
Step 1: Enabling OEM Unlocking & USB debugging
To enable both (USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking) these options just follow these instructions:
- Open the Settings panel
- Scroll to the Developer OptionsNow if developer options/settings are not enabled that, you need to go to the About Phone in the setting section and then scroll to the Build number field and start tapping (Tap 8 times)on it unless you a message prompt saying you’re now a developer.
- Now within the Developer Options, enable the OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging
- And that’s it; now you can proceed to unlock the bootloader of your Redmi Note 5 Pro.
Your phones need to be connected to the PC while performing this process, and there’s a short ETA if your Redmi Note 5 Pro is just brand new out of the box, you have to wait for 5 days before you apply for this process, which is an acceptable time limit.
Once, you have unlocked your Bootloader on your Redmi Note 5 Pro, continue following the steps given below.
Step 2: Boot into the Fastboot mode
- For this, you have to Power Off your Redmi Note 5 Pro and then simultaneously Hold the Power Button as well as the Volume Down Button for more than 10 Seconds and you should receive haptic feedback and the screen will light-up.
- Now your device has successfully booted into the fastboot mode.
Step 3: Connect your Phone to PC and install ADB tools
- This is a short step and is required to flash the TWRP file, but before that, your needs to be connected to the PC. Furthermore, then install the ADB fastboot tool and fire up the ADB command window.
- To open the ADB command window, just go into the folder on your PC where you have installed the ADB fastboot tools and within that folder Hold the Shift key + Right Click with the mouse.
- Now a pop-up menu will arise and within that menu Select the Open Command window here option, this will launch the ADB command window.
Step 4: Flash the TWRP Recovery file
- Make sure you download the TWRP recovery file from the link given above and extract in a folder and also remember the path of that folder, generally extract it on a new folder on the desktop or extract it within the ADB fastboot folder.
- Once, the TWRP file is extracted, and your phone connected to the PC we should now start with the flashing process.
- But before that, let’s verify whether the ADB fastboot recognizes your connected Redmi Note 5 Pro or not, to check this connection, within the Opened ADB Command window, enter the following command ==> fastboot devices
[Note: adb devices might also check the connection, but as our device is in fastboot, so use the fastboot command, and if you encounter an error Make Sure you have USB drivers of Xiaomi devices installed on your System]
- Now comes the most important part, where we flash the TWRP recovery on your Redmi Note 5 Pro, just enter this command in the adb command prompt==> fastboot flash recovery twrp_whyred.img
- Once, this flashing process is finished, you can end this procedure by just enter the following command.
Step 5: Flash the SU, Super User file to get Root Access
- Download the Super SU Zip.
- Now Reboot into the TWRP recovery, that we just installed
- To reboot into the Custom recovery, you have to hold the Volume Down + Power Button together for a couple of moments
- Once, you see the TWRP’s interface, Tap on Install button
- Now navigate to the SuperUser file on your phone’s internal storage
- When the SU(Superuser) file is found, Select it and just Swipe to Flash it
- The flashing process might take any time to complete the process With the flashing process now complete; You will see two buttons at the bottom, One which is named as Wipe Cache/Dalvik, Tap on it and Swipe to start the process
- Next, just tap on the Reboot button, and your Redmi Note 5 Pro will restart, that’s it! Now you have root access to your Redmi Note 5 Pro.
Once, the SU zip is flashed reboot your device this might take a little longer than usual, and we hope you don’t get stuck in a bootloop.
Subscribe to The Leaker
Tutuapp 2019: Download Tutuapp VIP for iOS, Android, and PC (Direct)
GB WhatsApp 2019 Download APK 6.60 6.65, 6.70, 7.81 (Official)
Xiaomi Pocophone Poco F2 ‘Leaked’ Price, Specs and Release Date
List of Huawei and Honor devices getting Android Pie (EMUI 9) Update
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Specs, Price and Release date in India ‘Official’
Lucky Patcher 2019 APK Download Official V8.1.6 (Direct Link)
Spotify Premium APK 188.8.131.528, 8.5 Download (2019)(No Root)
Xiaomi Mi A3 AKA Mi 7X Specs, Price, And Release Date
Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge Android 9 Pie Update: News and FAQ
Best Upcoming Smartwatches Expected in 2019
- OnePlus 6T Update: OxygenOS 9.0.12 now available to download
- Xiaomi Redmi 5A gets Android Oreo 8.0 based MIUI 10 update
- Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1 Android 9 Pie Update: OTA rolling out
- Asus Zenfone 5, 5Z, and 5Q (Lite) Android 9 Pie update: Download
- Google Chrome Beta 73 APK update is available [Download]
- Lucky Patcher APK 8.1.6 is now available to download (APK Link)