Recently in our previous article about custom ROMs, we have talked about the Motorola Moto G4 Plus and in today’s article, we will be sharing the way by which one can install the latest Android Oreo update on Moto G3 smartphone. In case you don’t know this device was launched back in 2015 and as per current technology state it has very serious outdated specifications and Motorola has already announced that they will not deliver any further updates for the device.
Also, Check- List of Motorola devices that will get Android Oreo update.
By installing LineageOS 15 ROM one can use the latest Android 8.0 Oreo in his/her old Moto G3 device. It is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 processor coupled with 1GB of RAM. It lacks in terms of power as we can’t change its internals, but unofficially you can install Android Oreo in it after which you can use exclusive features like Notifications channels, Adaptive icons, Split screen and many more. Your device should be rooted and should have unlocked the bootloader (How to unlock Motorola phone bootloader) unless you won’t be able to use the following ROM. A custom recovery like TWRP should be installed on your Moto G3 device as well.
RELATED: Best Moto G3 (3rd Gen) Accessories (Moto G Turbo, Moto G 2015)
How to Install Android 8.0 Oreo(LineageOS 15) in Moto G3?
- ) First download the “LineageOS 15” and “Gapps” from the links given below.
- ) Switch off the device and long press Vol up+Power button it will take you to the recovery screen.
- ) From here click on Wipe, and swipe to wipe it will factory reset your device so don’t forget to backup your data.
- ) After this click on the Install button and locate the LineageOS 15 file from the internal storage, swipe to install.
- ) After installing it click Install again and locate the “Gapps” file, swipe to install.
- ) As the installation completes click on Wipe and from here Wipe Cache, Dalvik Cache.
- ) Now reboot the device.
Download LineageOS 15