Xiaomi has recently launched its one of the best smartphone in India known as the Xiaomi Mi A1; it is the first Android One smartphone from their house which also means that instead of a custom UI, it runs on a Stock like ROM based on Android 7.1 Nougat. This article is for the peoples who are into rooting or who want to root their device.
There are a lot of methods to root the Mi A1, but today we will be telling you that how you can root your Mi A1 without using PC or Laptop.
Xiaomi has said that soon they will provide Android 8.0 Oreo for the device but still if you want an extra edge over other consumers then rooting is the way to that. Rooting opens the door to uncountable customization. To root your Mi A1 without PC, several methods are available, like by using apps like Kingroot, Framaroot, etc. but for most smartphones, they fail. Follow the below steps, and you will be able to root your device with ease.
Precautions to be taken:
- ) Your device should have minimum 50% charge remaining.
- ) Backup all your data.
- ) We can’t guarantee this method to work on any other device.
How to Root:
- ) Your device should have TWRP recovery pre-installed. For this you will need to have the Bootloader unlocked, to unlock the Xioami phone bootloader visit here.
- ) Download the below provided SuperSU.zip file.
- ) Don’t extract this file and paste it into the internal storage of the device by renaming it as update.zip (Don’t put it in any folder).
- ) Now Switch off your device and long press Power+Vol up button to boot into recovery mode.
- ) From here click on the Install button and select the update.zip file; it will take a couple of seconds to install and then reboot the device.
- ) You will find that your phone has been rooted successfully.
Download SuperSU.zip file