If you have the same doubt, then things are about to get easier for you. While Apple allows us to take a backup of our data to iCloud pretty easily, users need to take unnecessary steps to restore it. As of now, the option of restoring data from iCloud is only provided while setting up a new device. Therefore, if you wish to restore data from an iCloud backup, then you need to reset your device first. Thankfully, there is a secure and reliable tool out there that let us restore iCloud backup selectively without the need to reset our device. Let’s learn more about it right here.
dr.fone – Backup & Restore (iOS): The one-stop data backup and restore solution
A part of the dr.fone toolkit, this reliable software provides extensive data backup and restore options. The latest update of dr.fone – Backup & Restore (iOS) allows us to restore data from a previous iCloud or iTunes backup without the need to reset our iOS device. Therefore, you can bid goodbye to the unwanted hassle of resetting your iPhone just to restore data from an iCloud account. The tool provides complete data backup and restore solutions as well. Here are some of its major features.
- Users can now restore their data from a previous iCloud or iTunes backup directly to their iPhone without the need to reset the device first.
- It also provides a one-click solution to backup and restore your data directly to and from your computer.
- The tool has a user-friendly interface and does not require any prior technical experience to use.
- Besides iPhone data, you can also backup and restore the data of popular messaging apps like WhatsApp, Kik, Line, Viber, and so on.
- You can even transfer WhatsApp data from an iOS device to another Android or iOS device as well.
- It supports all the major types of data like photos, contacts, Safari bookmarks, messages, videos, notes, voice memos, documents, and more.
- While restoring, it provides a preview of data, so that users can selectively restore it to their device.
- Compatible with all the leading iOS devices (no need to jailbreak the device to use it)
- It supports a read-only mode. Therefore, your data won’t be accessed or stored by the application.
- A free trial version is also available so that you can simply try the application before buying its premium subscription.
How to selectively restore iCloud backup using dr.fone?
Since the desktop application of dr.fone – Backup & Restore (iOS) is available for both Windows and Mac, you won’t face any trouble using it. Furthermore, it comes with a free trial version as well. Though, before you learn how to download iCloud backup, there are a few things you need to keep in mind.
- First of all, make sure that you have already taken a backup of your data on iCloud. To do this, go to your device’s iCloud settings, and turn on the backup option. Tap on “Backup Now” option to take an immediate backup.
- In order to restore data to your device, there should be enough space on it. Therefore, just go to your iPhone storage settings and make sure there is enough free space on it beforehand.
- When you would connect your iPhone to your computer for the first time, you will get a prompt like this on your device. Just tap on the “Trust” button to proceed.
Great! Now when you have completed all the prerequisites, you can easily learn how to download iCloud backup without resetting your device. All you need to do is follow these simple steps:
- To start with, launch the dr.fone toolkit on your Mac or Windows PC. From all the provided options on the welcome page, click on “Backup & Restore.”
- Now, connect your device to the system and wait for it to be detected automatically. The interface will also provide a snapshot of the device. Select the “Restore” option from here to proceed.
- From the left panel, click on the “Restore from iCloud Backup” option. The interface will ask you to log-in to your iCloud account. Providing the right credentials, sign-in to your iCloud account.
- If you have enabled the two-factor authentication on your iCloud account, then you need to provide the verification code here.
- The interface will automatically display all the previous backup files related to the iCloud account. You can also view certain details about the iCloud backup file here. Simply download the relevant iCloud backup from here.
- Wait for a while as the iCloud backup would be downloaded. Once it is done, the application will automatically fetch the data and display it under different categories. You can simply visit any category and preview your data from here.
- Simply select the data that you wish to retrieve and click on the “Restore to Device” button. Confirm your device and click on the “Continue” button to start the transfer.
Wait for a while as the data would be moved to your iOS device. Later, you can access the transferred data on your device to further check it. Now when you know how to download iCloud backup, you can easily retrieve your data without resetting your device.
That’s it! By following these simple steps, you can restore data from an iCloud backup to your device without resetting it. Not just iCloud, you can also restore data from an iTunes backup as well. Besides that, you can also use dr.fone – Backup & Restore (iOS) to maintain a second copy of your data on your system and restore it afterward. It is certainly a highly useful tool that will come handy to you on numerous occasions.