Recently LG has introduced its V30 Flagship device, and earlier LG G6 was introduced, we know that LG G6 is not as powerful as the V30 or any other latest flagship but still, it offers a complete package for the price. LG has confirmed the Android Oreo 8.x update for the device but if you want to enjoy the Android Oreo earlier than anyone then we have an interesting information for you, let’s jump to the info.
If you are in rooting and flashing for a while, then you must be aware of the LineageOS which has earlier replaced the CyanogenMod. LineageOS 15 ROM is available for the device which brings the Android 8.0 Oreo to the phone before the brand itself.
This ROM brings all stock features of the Android Oreo including PIP, new notification bar, etc. We would not say that it is working flawlessly as currently, it is in the development stage and in future updates the bugs will get fixed.
Below are the instructions and Downloading links of the ROM essentials:
- ) TWRP recovery is the fundamental requirement to install this ROM; it should be installed on the device.
- ) We would suggest you create a backup of the data in case anything goes wrong your data will remain safe.
- ) Download the files provided below and place the .zip file and Gapps file in the internal storage.
- ) Boot into TWRP recovery and there click on “WIPE” and select the factory reset(reset everything except Internal storage).
- ) Go back to the TWRP, and select “INSTALL,” from there choose the LineageOS .zip file and slide the Flashbar.
- ) After Installation, clear the Cache and Dalvik Cache.
- ) Now go to “INSTALL” again and select the Gapps file you have downloaded, it will take a while to install.
- ) As it finishes, “REBOOT” the device. In some cases, booting the phone may take more time than usual.
We are not accountable for any mishappening happened to your device.
Download TWRP Recovery