Xiaomi has the tradition of releasing their flagship Mi phone in the first half of the New Year, and the Mi 9 will be no exception. If the online rumors are to be believed, the Mi 9 flagship smartphone is supposed to be a major improvement over the 2018’s Xiaomi flagship Mi 8 – the leaked specifications do look quite impressive on paper. Also, read our in-depth guide on Xiaomi in 2019: Redmi Note 7, Redmi 7, Mi A3, Poco F2, and Mi 9.
The long list of Mi 9’s alleged specifications are as follows:
- 6.4 inch AMOLED screen with Full HD 1080p resolution. Though a higher resolution would have been a welcome move, not many will complain given the price range of Xiaomi’s Mi 9.
- Mi 9 is supposed to be 155x75x7.6 mm in physical dimensions.
- 19:9 resolution, which seems to be the trend for the latest mobiles.
- A teardrop notch to maximize the screen real estate and give a more immersive experience.
- Optical in-screen fingerprint reader – the much awaited in-screen fingerprint will finally make its way to Xiaomi’s line-up, and it will be more budget friendly than the high-end ultrasonic variant.
- Mi 9 will be based on a Snapdragon 855 and feature a super-fast Snapdragon X24 LTE Modem. There are also distant rumors that Mi 9 might be the first in their line-up to feature 5G Compatibility.
- Mi 9 will have Triple Optics solution – with Sony Exmor IMX586 48MP camera being the main one, supported by a 12MP camera. The second sensor will support capturing images with lossless zoom. For Augmented Reality purposes, the last one will feature a ToF sensor.
- The battery backup is expected to be 3500mAh and will support 32-watt fast charging or Quick Charge 5.0 support.
- Mi 9 will run Android 9 Pie and MIUI 10 out of the box.
- The Mi 9 range will start with 6GB Ram and 128GB of internal memory. Mi 9 is also rumored to come in 8GB/10GB Ram versions with higher internal memory.
- As always Xiaomi flagships always come at affordable pricing with premium features – an unbeatable combination. The Mi 9 is rumored to be priced at less than $500.
Mi 8 had at best received a lukewarm response from the customers, and Xiaomi is looking to change that with their latest offering – Mi 9. The specification looks beyond impressive at the price at which Mi 9 is rumored to be offered at, and even if the final specs are anywhere in the rumored neighborhood, Xiaomi seems to have a winner on their hands for 2019.