Motorola’s first water and dust proof Moto G device, the 3rd Generation Moto G sadly didn’t receive the much promised Android Nougat update due to the display driver not being upgraded by Qualcomm. However, the developer’s community for the device kept supporting it and today what we have here is a new custom ROM for the Moto G3 based on Android Oreo 8.1. The ROM is developed by a recognized XDA member who goes by the name rahul9999.
This ROM is made to provide you with Google’s Pixel like the experience so do expect some pixel touches that come with the Oreo 8.1 version. If you want to know all the new features that come baked within Android Oreo 8.1 and Pixel 2, read this for more details on it. Another good thing about this ROM is that all moto-actions are working, while in some ROMs they don’t, so you’re not missing out on those Moto-experiences in this ROM.
So, now to enjoy all the latest features from Android Oreo 8.1, download the following files and as usual, you should have an unlocked bootloader, and a custom recovery(TWRP) installed. We talk about the whole bootloader unlocking, rooting, custom recovery process in this post here, so check it out if you’re still not rooted.
Next, you need to download the ROMs .zip file which can be found below.
How to install the Pixel Experience ROM Oreo 8.1 on Moto G3 (Moto G 2015)
- Download the ROM from the link given above and transfer it to your device
- Next, boot into the TWRP recovery mode, by simultaneous holding the Volume down+Power Key
- Now, select install from the TWRP screen and navigate to the ROM on your device’s storage
- After finding the ROM, just select it and SWIPE to flash it
- Now if you’re wondering about where’s the Gapps, then its already included in the ROMs package, how convenient!
- Next, do a data and cache wipe for a clean installation
- Now, you’re free to reboot the device and enjoy the Android Oreo 8.1 Pixel Experience!
To read more about it visit the XDA forum. Which you can find here.