The Moto G3 is now already two years old and the little device first time brought water resistant to the Moto G lineup the device was also quite well received. But it didn’t receive the much promise Android nougat update, but now you can again breathe some new life in the Moto G3 (Moto G 2015) the blessings of lineage OS 15 which is based on none other than Android Oreo.
Android Oreo in the form of lineage OS brings not only the latest and greatest features of Android Oreo 8.0 but also endless customization and tweaks that we all know from the cyanogen mod Legacy. So, now as the ROM is available for you to download and install it to experience the latest taste of Google’s major OS update with a dazzling twist.
The Moto G3 is no slouch neither a mid-range performer like today’s Moto G generation. So, we can see, why the device has such a great support from developers, making the Moto G 3 ready to start a new life under lineage OS 15; and here’s how you can download and install it on your Motorola Moto G3 (internal code name osprey).
Download Lineage OS 15 for Moto G3 rd generation and Gapps
Note: You need a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP installed on your device to proceed further. Here is the guide to Install a custom recovery and root Moto G3.
Steps to install LineageOS 15 on the Moto G3 (Osprey)
- Download the LineageOS 15 ROM from the above links, along with Gapps.zip
- Next step, you boot into a Custom Recovery installed on your phone to flash the new firmware, in this case, the LOS 15 and Gapps.
- Wipe everything by selecting it from your custom recovery to perform a factory reset; a clean reset is always recommended.
- Jump back to your custom recovery’s main menu; navigate to the LineageOS 15.zip and Select and Flash the LineageOS 15.zip file (Confirm Flash to install it).
- As always installation takes time, when it’s completed, you perform a Wipe cache/Dalvik which you can spot in the custom recovery’s menu options.
- In this step, you flash Gapps zip file in the similar fashion like the LineageOS 15.
Finally, after both the custom ROM and Gapps are flashed, now just reboot your Motorola Moto G3, and Voila, Android Oreo will be awaiting your command.