The highly awaited MIUI 9 Global-Public Beta ROM is now released and with all the download links along with a huge list of supported devices. This is a major update for Mi fans, and Xiaomi hasn’t disappointed by adding a massive catalog of Mi as well as Redmi phones.
BTW- there’s also a beta release of the Chinese only version of MIUI. The community of official modders of MIUI, as well as other reputed, members have also recommended upgrading to the new version, with everyone’s upvote accounting for a healthy 93% ratings.
Talking about the features set, there are some new features baked into this beta released, as well as many annoying bugs fixes reported earlier.
The new features set include:
- New minimalistic designed for Virus scanning results tab
- New Animated icons support for default theme
- Downloads will now pause and resume in case of connection interrupts
- New animations set for the launch and killing of apps
- Messaging using one-time password now fixed
- Android security patch level data now updated
Moreover, now moving ahead on how to upgrade to the latest MIUI 9 beta Rom?
- Back-up all your data
- Update to MIUI 9 via fast boot method only, if you’re on MIUI(5,6,7 or 8)
- For MIUI 8 Global beta Rom users, head straight away to “updater”
- By unlocking your boot loader and flashing the zip file
While if you check the Chinese version, it features an extensive list of features, which may or may not present in the global Rom. We hunted the comments section for any possible major bugs reports. But so far there wasn’t much major to report. Except the users complains about some aesthetical issues. But nothing major came out as of now considering it still a beta release.
This latest version of MIUI 9 is available for the following Xiaomi devices:
- Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm/ Redmi Note 4X/ 4G
- Mi 6
- Mi 5 family
- Redmi Note 3 Qualcomm and special edition
- Mi Max /Prime/2/2S
- Mi 4 family
- Redmi Note 4G
- Redmi 2/3/3S/3X
And more for devices, the update will be available soon.