The latest version of Android, i.e., the Android Oreo was announced a few days back, and the question in every Android user’s mind right now is will it get the Oreo update or not. Well if you don’t own a Pixel/Nexus device or any of the latest flagships, you are in tough luck.
But there are other ways as well to experience the goodness of the most recent iteration of Android as well.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 is a device which is insanely popular, the device is the highest selling Xiaomi device till date in the country and enjoys a massive developer support as well. The device has slim chances of getting official Android Oreo update.
Well thanks to jhenrique09 at XDA, you can experience the Android Oreo on your beloved Redmi Note 3 right now. So without any further ado, let’s straight get to the process of getting the latest version of Android on your phone.
How to get Android Update on Redmi Note 3
Note- To flash the AOSP ROM, you need to have an unlocked bootloader with a custom recovery installed. Here is a method to unlock bootloader, root and install the custom recovery on your Redmi Note 3.
Download Links – Redmi Note 3 AOSP ROM
Installing Android Oreo 8.0 on Redmi Note 3
- Download the AOSP ROM for your device from the link given above
- Transfer the ZIP file onto your device.
- Boot your device in recovery mode(You need to have a custom recovery installed).
- Do a complete factory reset of your device through recovery only.
- Go to the install menu and navigate to the folder where you transferred the zip file.
- Tap to install the file( If you are using TWRP, Swipe to Confirm Flash to install it).
- Wait for a few mins and the process finish.
- After the process is completed, Do a Wipe Cache/Dalvik Cache via recovery only.
- Reboot your device.
Note – First boot may take some time, so be patient.
It is recommended to take a backup of all your data before hand to an external source; all the credits go to the Developers and Contributors over at XDA.
The only broken features currently include Wi-Fi hotspot, USB tethering, and VoLTE, making this a good first port for the Redmi Note 3.
TheLeaker is in no event responsible for any damage done to your device.