Ok so you have got a Redmi Note 4 (Snapdragon) and you are thinking about rooting it but when you check online, you find out that the bootloader is locked and there are almost no guides to tell how to unlock the bootloader and root Redmi Note 4.
So today I’ll tell you how to unlock the bootloader, flash TWRP recovery and then root Redmi Note 4 (Snapdragon variant).
Note: We will not be responsible for your actions. Following this guide is your own decision.
How To Unlock Bootloader On Redmi Note 4
- Go to http://en.miui.com/unlock/ and place a request to unlock the bootloader. Remember the account you are using to place the request. It’s necessary. You will get a message within a week or two on the number you use with your MI account. That message should be saying “You’ve been granted the permission to unlock your device“.
- Download the latest global developer from here: http://bigota.d.miui.com/7.1.19/miui…fe8d1a_6.0.zip. Copy the ROM Zip file in your phone’s internal memory.
- Go to Settings -> About phone -> tap on system updates -> click the dots (menu soft key) at the top right of the screen. Click on choose update package -> browse and select the copied ROM zip file. After the package is verified you will get a pop up-> select erase and update. This may take up to 10 minutes.
- Go to https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120698566, download and install it on your Windows PC.
- Now you should be in the developer ROM you flashed in Step 3. Sign In to the MI account you used to place the request in Step 1.
- Go to settings -> about phone -> tap MIUI version 7 times to enable developer settings. Then go back and click on additional settings and go to developer settings.
Now enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
- Download this tool and extract it to your desktop. Launch the unlock tool and sign in using the same MI account you used in Step 1.
- Power your device off -> Press vol down + power button till you see the fastboot logo -> connect your phone to the PC and let the drivers get installed and click unlock on you unlock tool. Your phone should reboot automatically.
Congratulations. Your Redmi Note 4 is unlocked successfully.
How To Install TWRP And Root Redmi Note 4
- Download TWRP- 3.0.3-0 , phh’s SuperSu and no-verity-opt-encrypt and copy them into internal storage of your phone.
- Download adb/fastboot tools and extract them. Place the Twrp image in the same folder that you have extracted adb/fastboot tools.
- Power off your phone and boot into Fastboot mode(Hold power+Vol down and release).
- Connect to your PC
- Go to the folder in which you have extracted adb/fastboot tools and placed TWRP and then press and hold shift key and right click anywhere. Click “Open command window here” and you will see the command window.
- Type : fastboot flash recovery twrp_mido.img and enter.
- Directly boot into TWRP. Flash no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip first and then phh’s SuperSU zip from Recovery.
- Reboot the phone. SuperSu installation will cause reboot once again but that’s not a problem so relax.
- After the phone starts, Install phh’s Supersu app from PlayStore.
Congratulations You have successfully installed TWRP and rooted your Redmi Note 4.
Subscribe to The Leaker
Spotify Premium APK Download 220.127.116.113 (Mod No Root)(May 2019)
Xiaomi Pocophone Poco F2 (Redmi K20) ‘Leaked’ Price, Specs and Release Date
GB WhatsApp 2019 Download APK 6.60, 6.88, 7.00, 7.81 (May Official)
Lucky Patcher 2019 APK Download Official V8.3.9 (May Direct Link)
Xiaomi Mi A3, Mi 7X and A3 Lite Specs, Price, Leaks And Release Date
RealMe One (RealMe 1) Android 9 Pie update date: ColorOS 6 Update
WhatsApp Plus 2019 APK Download Official 7.00, 7.81 [May Direct link]
GBWhatsapp Plus APK Download ‘Latest Version’ (Direct Link)
GBWhatsApp Vs. WhatsApp Plus: Which one is better
OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T Android 9 Pie Update: Release Date and FAQ
- How to Activate Dark Mode in Whatsapp [No Root] [Easy Guide]
- Samsung Galaxy M20 Pie Update and Android Q Update Timeline
- Samsung Galaxy M10 Pie Update and Android Q Update Timeline
- KineMaster for PC – Download For Windows 10/ 8/ 8.1/ 7 and Mac
- Lucky Patcher 2019 APK Download Official V8.3.9 (May Direct Link)
- Print Web Pages in PDF using Opera Browser 52 APK for Android