HTC One M7 once took the company at the pinnacle of domination in the mobile market, but since then the Taiwanese-giant has been struggling to keep up with the top dogs. The One M7 featured the top shelf specs in its era and brought the uni-body metal shell that everyone loves today.
HTC already had the legendary HTC HD2 when it came to development within the Android community, and the One M7 follows its path and continuing the legacy. As now the HTC One M7 has been blessed by the LineageOS 15 (unofficial build).
As the norm you know with the unofficial build they may contain some small bugs here and there. However, nothing major is there which will stop you to get the taste of Oreo. As the LineageOS 15 is based on Google’s latest Android Oreo; but you also get the endless customizations and a gazillion themes to tailor as per your desires.
Android Oreo bring’s a lot of new features such as picture in picture mode, improved dose mode and much more. Most of the new changes are under the hood. To, install the latest Lineage OS 15 on your HTC One 7 you the usual procedure and requirements, such as Custom recovery and boot loader unlocking and such.
LineageOS 15 and Gapps downloads for HTC One m7
How to install LineageOS 15.0 on the HTC One m7
- Download the ROM for the device, along with Gapps.zip
- Next, you boot into your choice Custom Recovery, installed on your phone
- Wipe everything by selecting it from your custom recovery to do a factory reset, as a clean reset is always beneficial.
- After that, head back into your custom recovery’s main menu; Route towards the LineageOS 15.zip and select and Flash the LineageOS 15.zip file (Confirm Flash to install it).
- The installation as always takes some time after that is finished, you perform a Wipe cache/Dalvik which you can find in the custom recovery menu options.
- Next, up is flashing the Gapps similar to LineageOS 15.
- Finally, after both the custom ROM and Gapps are flashed, the thing remains is to reboot your HTC One M7, and Android Oreo is at your service.