Got a bricked Galaxy Note 8? Or maybe you need to get back to your Stock ROM after a sad experience on a custom ROM, don’t worry we got you covered. Here’s a list of all the Stock ROMs of all variants of the Galaxy Note 8, from the unlocked version to a specific carrier one from Verizon, sprint AT&T and all other.
The Model number SM-N950U for the Galaxy Note 8 is in the US, while for the carrier you need to look for this particular abbreviations as follows:
- For the Verizon, Model look for the one SM-N950UVZW
- For the Sprint version look for the one with SM-N950USPR
- For the AT&Tversion look for the one with SM-N950UATT
- For the T-Mobile version look for the one with SM-N950UTMB
- For the T-Mobile version look for the one with SM-N950UUSC
- For the Unlock variant, you need to look for the model number SM-N950U1
How to install stock firmware or any other firmware on your Samsung Galaxy Note 8:
Do, note that you also need to have all the Samsung drivers installed on your PC, or else this won’t work.
- Download the Odin flashing tool, from the download link given above
- After that, you have to boot your Galaxy Note 8 into the download mode, to do that just hold, power button, volume down key and home-button together till you see a warning message on your screen
- Open Odin flashing tool which you should have downloaded by now
- Next, step connect your Galaxy Note 8 to your PC(with the download mode running in it)
- When you connect to you should see two things in Odin, and they’re as follows:◘-> The Added! message means that your device is connected and Odin has detected it and its ready for further processes
◘-> Also, make sure that the area near ID-COM in Odin shows a blue light up, with a COM number now being displayed inside it, as shown in the picture.
- Next up is, we have to start flashing the original Stock Android ROM of the Galaxy Note 8, and for that, we use the AP button to load it, BTW in earlier versions, it was named PDA, but now its been renamed again.
[If you have other files, then load it according to the beginning letters of the data of the button, suppose if want to load the BL(bootloader) file then click on BL tab and select the file which has the BL characters at the beginning of the file’s name.]
- Click on AP button and now navigate to the folder where you have your downloaded Stock firmware, and select it
- Loading the file into the Odin might take a few moments so be patient after that, you had to go in the options section/tab and unchecked the Re-partition option, don’t touch anything else in the section, if it’s already unchecked, move on to next step.
- After you have followed each and everything mentioned above is done, all you have to do is hit the Start button, to begin flashing process, when the process is done, a Pass message will get displayed, confirming installation process was completed.If it shows fail, you have to perform the procedure again and carefully follow everything step by step to get that pass the message. Once done, reboot your device, if it doesn’t restart automatically. If you have any query regarding the steps or if you happen to stuck at any point, please do comment down below, and we’ll try to solve it.