Sony launched its Xperia Z2 back in April 2014, and now we are hardly a month away from 2018 which means as per the current market situation it is a way old device. We know that some of you are still using it but are tired of its old hardware and software, Well the hardware can’t be replaced, but by some unofficial methods, we can replace the software and use the latest version of Android on the device.
Also, Check- List of Sony devices that will get the Android Oreo update
With the help of custom ROM, one can still use the Android 8.0 Oreo on the Xperia Z2, in case you are new to custom ROM then to use these types of open project ROM one needs a rooted device which should have a custom recovery like TWRP pre-installed. In this article, we will show the step by step method to install the LineageOS 15 ROM which is based on the Android 8.0 Oreo on the Xperia Z2 device.
It is kind of good news for the users as after that one can use exclusive features like Split screen, Adaptive icons, revamped home screen, etc. in his/her old device
How to Install LineageOS 15(Android 8.0 Oreo) on your Xperia Z2?
- ) First download the LineageOS and Gapps file from the links given below.
- ) You need a Rooted device which haves TWRP recovery pre-installed.
- ) Place the downloaded LineageOS 15.zip file, Gapps in the SD-card and rename the LineageOS file as “update.zip.”
- ) Switch off your device and long press Vol down+Power button, the recovery screen will appear.
- ) From there click on Wipe, Wipe system, data, Cache, Dalvik Cache.
- ) After that click on install and select the “update.zip” file and swipe to install.
- ) As the installation completes, again select install and select the Gapps file now swipe to install.
- ) After its completion, select reboot and its done.
Download LineageOS 15 for Xperia Z2
Download Gapps for Xperia Z2
Download TWRP Recovery for Xperia Z2