The only thing in which Xiaomi lags behind other companies is slow Android Updates, it has been several months since the Android Nougat has been released and well Xiaomi phones have gotten the Android Marshmallow update recently so you can guess how much time is it going to take for official Android Nougat update.
But there is no reason to be disheartened as you can experience the sweet taste of Nougat right now on your device.
Yes, we are indeed talking about installing a Custom ROM and if you have no idea what that is, you can simply go here on XDA-Developers to know more.
The ROM we are going to install is the LineageOS which has taken place of the legendary Cyanogen OS which has sadly been shut down a few weeks back.
Some Features of LineageOS
- Based on Vulcan API
- Tons of theming options.
- Multi-window support.
- Battery enhancements
- Several new security features.
Now let’s get Android Nougat on Redmi Note 3 Pro via Installing Lineage OS on Redmi Note 3 Pro.
- Make sure you have rooted device with a custom recovery installed if you don’t have these go to our Redmi Note 3 root guide.
- Make sure you are using the Snapdragon variant as this will only work on snapdragon variant.
- You have a Nandroid backup of your current ROM.
- Backup all your important data onto your PC or Cloud.
- Charge your phone to at least 70%.
You will need these files during the procedure, download these on your PC.
Android 7.1.1 LineageOS ( Credits – Xda Developers, and every developer associated with LineageOS)
How to install Android Nougat on Redmi Note 3
- Connect your device to your PC.
- Navigate to where you downloaded the custom ROM earlier and copy it.
- Now place it in the root storage of your device, what it means is that you have to place it in the internal storage but not in any folder.
- After you have placed the zip file, disconnect the device and turn it off.
- Boot into recovery mode( Hold volume up and power button for 10 seconds)
- Before we install the ROM you need to perform a clean reset of the device.
- Perform a factory reset from recovery, then clear cache partition and Dalvik cache as well to completely clear every log file.
- Now select the install option inTWRP and select the zip file of the Custom ROM.
- If you are sure that you have performed every step correctly go ahead and click on swipe to install.
- The process will take around 5 mins to complete and after its done, you need to install the GApps package the same way.
- Now again clear Dalvik cache and cache partition as an extra precautionary step.
- Reboot your device.
- The first boot will take 5-10 minutes, so be patient.
- Enjoy the taste of Android Nougat 7.1.1 on Redmi Note 3.
Subscribe to The Leaker
Spotify Premium APK 18.104.22.168 Download (100% Working 2019 Mod)
Xiaomi Pocophone Poco F2 Price, ‘Leaks’, Specs and Release Date
Lucky Patcher 2019 APK Download v8.4.7 (Official)[Direct Link]
GB WhatsApp Update 2019 May Download 6.60, 6.95, 7.92 [Anti Ban APK]
GBWhatsapp Plus APK Download ‘Latest Version’ (Direct Link)
RealMe One (RealMe 1) Android 9 Pie update date: ColorOS 6 Update
Xiaomi Redmi 7 Android Q Update, MIUI 11 Update Timeline and Downloads
OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T Android 9 Pie Update Released Officially (Stable)
Watch and Download Insta Stories (Instadp, StoriesIG, and WeInstag)
GB Whatsapp Download 2019 May Update (GB Whatsapp Anti Ban APK]
- Sony to launch an insane 6 Camera flagship Android smartphone
- Nvidia is working on Shield 2, could be one of the flagship Stadia devices
- Xiaomi smartphone with model number M1904F3BC passed through TENAA
- Huawei EMUI 9.0 and 9.1 possible update list is here
- Realme 2 and Realme C1 Android 9 Pie Color OS 6 update beta test starts
- Huawei will launch a new 7nm SoC soon, could be the Kirin 810