The only thing in which Xiaomi lags behind other companies is slow Android Updates, it has been several months since the Android Nougat has been released and well Xiaomi phones have gotten the Android Marshmallow update recently so you can guess how much time is it going to take for official Android Nougat update.
But there is no reason to be disheartened as you can experience the sweet taste of Nougat right now on your device.
Yes, we are indeed talking about installing a Custom ROM and if you have no idea what that is, you can simply go here on XDA-Developers to know more.
The ROM we are going to install is the LineageOS which has taken place of the legendary Cyanogen OS which has sadly been shut down a few weeks back.
Some Features of LineageOS
- Based on Vulcan API
- Tons of theming options.
- Multi-window support.
- Battery enhancements
- Several new security features.
Now let’s get Android Nougat on Redmi Note 3 Pro via Installing Lineage OS on Redmi Note 3 Pro.
- Make sure you have rooted device with a custom recovery installed if you don’t have these go to our Redmi Note 3 root guide.
- Make sure you are using the Snapdragon variant as this will only work on snapdragon variant.
- You have a Nandroid backup of your current ROM.
- Backup all your important data onto your PC or Cloud.
- Charge your phone to at least 70%.
You will need these files during the procedure, download these on your PC.
Android 7.1.1 LineageOS ( Credits – Xda Developers, and every developer associated with LineageOS)
How to install Android Nougat on Redmi Note 3
- Connect your device to your PC.
- Navigate to where you downloaded the custom ROM earlier and copy it.
- Now place it in the root storage of your device, what it means is that you have to place it in the internal storage but not in any folder.
- After you have placed the zip file, disconnect the device and turn it off.
- Boot into recovery mode( Hold volume up and power button for 10 seconds)
- Before we install the ROM you need to perform a clean reset of the device.
- Perform a factory reset from recovery, then clear cache partition and Dalvik cache as well to completely clear every log file.
- Now select the install option inTWRP and select the zip file of the Custom ROM.
- If you are sure that you have performed every step correctly go ahead and click on swipe to install.
- The process will take around 5 mins to complete and after its done, you need to install the GApps package the same way.
- Now again clear Dalvik cache and cache partition as an extra precautionary step.
- Reboot your device.
- The first boot will take 5-10 minutes, so be patient.
- Enjoy the taste of Android Nougat 7.1.1 on Redmi Note 3.
Subscribe to The Leaker
Spotify Premium APK Download 220.127.116.115 (Mod No Root)(April 2019)
Xiaomi Pocophone Poco F2 ‘Leaked’ Price, Specs and Release Date
GB WhatsApp 2019 Download APK 6.60, 6.70, 6.85, 7.81 (April Official)
Lucky Patcher 2019 APK Download Official V8.3.1 (April Direct Link)
Xiaomi Mi A3, Mi 7X and A3 Lite Specs, Price, Leaks And Release Date
Showbox APK 2019 5.30, 5.36 Download For Android, TV, FireStick & PC
RealMe One (RealMe 1) Android 9 Pie update date: ColorOS 6 Update
WhatsApp Plus 2019 APK Download Official 7.00, 7.81 [Direct link]
LG Flash Tool Download (All Versions) to Flash KDZ and TOT (2019)
Panda Helper – Download Panda Helper VIP For iOS and Android
- Xiaomi Pocophone Poco F2 ‘Leaked’ Price, Specs and Release Date
- Google Play Store 14.7.50 update now rolling out (APK Download)
- Facebook Messenger Lite APK 18.104.22.168.208 Beta rolling out with major bug fixes
- Realme 3 ColorOS Update and Android Q Update Timeline
- Redmi Note 7 Pro Android 10 Q Update, MIUI 11 Timeline and Downloads
- Honor View 20 Android Q Update, Update Timeline, and More