Long back in 2012, Samsung unveiled its super cool handset known as the Galaxy S3, at that time it was one of the of the best flagship handset. But over the time the device becomes an outdated piece of technology, the hardware used in it is way old, and the device has a stopped receiving updates from Samsung.Still, there is a majority of the public who is using it, and for them, we have good news, in this new article, we will tell you that how you can get the Android Nougat on your Galaxy S3.
If you are thinking to get the Android Oreo then probably there is no way, but in this article, you will learn that how you can get the Android Nougat on your old Galaxy S3. The way through which you can install the Android Nougat is the Lineage OS; it is a well know custom OS which has replaced the CyanogenMod. This OS is available for some devices, and now it has been made available for the Galaxy S3. The ROM is not 100% stable, and at times you will face some difficulties that is why we will suggest you install it on your own risk.
Steps to Install Android 7.1(Lineage OS) Nougat on Galaxy S3
- ) TWRP Recovery should be installed on your device.
- ) Place the “Lineage OS” and “Gapps” file your SD-Card or the internal storage, but we will recommend you to put them in SD-Card.
- ) Switch off the device and Reboot to Recovery mode by pressing Vol up + Home button + Power key; the TWRP Recovery menu will appear.
- ) There Click on the Install button and select the Lineage OS file present in your device, after flashing it again click on the install button and select the Gapps file, install it too.
- ) After the two processes, click on the Wipe button and wipe the internal storage, wipe cache, data partition.
- ) Reboot the device and enjoy.
Don’t forget to take a backup all of your data and we are not responsible for any mishappening to your device, the download links of the files are placed below.