Recently OnePlus launched a new edition of Oneplus 6T in collaboration with McLaren Cars. Every year OnePlus launch two flagships with some minimal differences, and then they release some special editions and colors to keep the hot news of the smartphones just like we have seen OnePlus 6 in May 2018, then OnePlus 6T in November 2018, then a distinctive color of Thunder Purple. So, moreover, these are the marketing strategies of Oneplus 6T to keep the hot news alive. Currently, we are getting news related to the new OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition, which is coming with some differences.
So, if you have a rooted OnePlus 6 or 6T, you can enjoy the new features of OnePlus 6T McLaren edition on your phone, using Magisk. So, this article is all about, Turning your OnePlus 6 or 6T into the new McLaren Edition.
The new changes in McLaren edition are New boot animation, fingerprint animation, live wallpapers, ringtones, stock sounds, wallpapers, UI sounds, and system. Other hardware changes are, OnePlus 6T McLaren edition comes with a better and 10GB RAM to be the fastest phone.
Must read for OnePlus 6T users: OnePlus 6T Notification LED: How to get it for Free (Solved), Best OnePlus 6T Covers, Flip Covers, and Cases on Amazon, and OnePlus 6T FHD and 4K Resolution Stock Wallpapers (19.5:9)(Download)
Must read for OnePlus 6 users: Download OnePlus 6 Wallpapers in 2K and 4K (Google Drive Link), and How to get Stereo Speakers mod on OnePlus 6
Table of Contents
The only requirement is a rooted OnePlus 6 or 6T. Kindly root the device (OnePlus 6T Root guide) using Magisk Module so that you have the Magisk system frameworks installed. Thanks to XDA Senior member Anoop Kumar, He created a Magisk Module that will port all the special features from the OnePlus 6T McLaren edition to your normal OnePlus 6 or 6T. If you don’t want to root your OnePlus 6 or 6T, still you can have OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition wallpapers, ringtones, and other system tones. But, Boot animations, stock notification sounds, and live wallpapers will only support rooted Oneplus 6/6T phones.
Download OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition Mod for Oneplus 6 and 6T
- McLaren module for OnePlus 6 or OnePlus 6T
- Fingerprint animation module for OnePlus 6t – Oxygen OS 9.0.7
- Fingerprint animation module for OnePlus 6t – Oxygen OS Open beta
How to Turn OnePlus 6 and 6T into OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition using Magisk
- Download the required module for OnePlus 6 & OnePlus 6T from the above link.
- Open the Magisk Manager app on your OnePlus 6 or 6T, and slide from left to open the menu drawer. You can also tap on the three lines menu option.
- Now Select Modules to enter the Module section. Here, you will find all the Magisk Modules, if you see a blank page that means you have no Magisk Modules installed. Still, you will see a yellow floating button with a + sign, on the bottom of the screen, tap on it.
- This will open a screen; it is the Android file manager. It will allow you to browse and select the downloaded Magisk Module.
- When you select any Module, it will download automatically.
- Now, OnePlus 6T users have to download extra module, because it has an in-display-fingerprint sensor. So, you might be willing to get the new Oneplus 6T McLaren fingerprint animation too. Download the module from the download section above, and install it. Please make sure to download the correct module, depends upon the version you are using: either stable OxygenOS 9.0.7 or an Open Beta version.
- Once every required module is installed, Reboot your device by tapping the Reboot option at the bottom of the app.
Here is your new OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition for free
When your device is finishing up the boot animation, you will see a brand new McLaren bootanimation which is the Mclaren logo being displayed on top, and an orange honeycomb glowing animation at the bottom of the screen. You can find the boot animation file in /system/media/bootanimation. It’s renamed bootanimation.zip. It will replace the stock boot animation file, the size of the new boot animation will be 22MB. OnePlus 6T users can check the new fingerprint animation with sounds, check the sounds are the target folder /system/media/audio/ folder.
You can have set the ringtones and sounds manual since it will not be applied automatically. Just go to Settings>Sound. Here you can manually select Phone ringtones and SMS ringtones. You will find newly added ringtones and sounds.
Regarding Live Wallpapers, you have to use the Oneplus Launcher. First, the live wallpapers will present at the Live wallpapers section, and you can use it too. The new Wallpapers will also there to use, new OnePlus 6T Mclaren edition wallpapers will be there too. So, if you don’t find OnePlus launcher your type, you can change the launcher just after you apply the new McLaren Live Wallpaper. Every time, you want to change the live wallpaper, you have to apply OnePlus Launcher first. Enjoy your new OnePlus 6T McLaren edition.