Stuck on Android Nougat forever on your Redmi Note 4? Want the Latest version of Android Oreo 8.1 on your Redmi Note 4? Want the performance and clean look of stock Android? Look no further than this guide, in which we will take a look at how to install an Android Oreo 8.1 custom ROM on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4.
So, first you need to download this Custom ROM based on Android Oreo 8.1, and the ROM of choice here is Pixel Experience ROM which is based on AOSP Android Oreo along with that the security patch level baked here is of January. Obviously, your Redmi Note 4 should be rooted, unlocked bootloader and a custom recovery also need to be there to flash this ROM. You also don’t need to flash any Gapps separately as they’re already included in the ROM.
How to Install Android Oreo 8.1 Pixel Experience ROM on Redmi Note 4
- Transfer the downloaded Pixel experience custom ROM on your phone’s internal storage and also remember the folder where you put the file in
- Now you need to reboot into you recover mode, that’s into TWRP/CWM recovery
- To boot into the custom recovery, first wholly turn Off your device, then Hold the Power and Volume down Key simultaneously for 10 seconds or more until you see the screen light-up with recovery screen displaying on it
- Now, in TWRP’s menu, Tap on the Install
- After that, you need to browse to the Zip file of that downloaded ROM (Pixel Experience ROM)
- Now once, spotted just Select it and Swipe to start installation/flashing process of the new ROM
- Wait for a couple of minutes; now the Wipe Cache/Dalvik option should be visible to you, Select it and Swipe to confirm the operation
- Once done, just reboot your Redmi Note 4, your first Reboot might a take some time than usual, so please be patient
That’s how you get Android Oreo 8.1 on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4.