The Honor 8 Pro is one of the most popular devices in the 30k price range and offers a bang for your buck at those prices, the device has good hardware and software.Now the EMUI 8.0, which is a forked version of Android Oreo is out for Honor 8 Pro and to install it, just follow this step-by-step guide.
In this guide, as you may know, the Android Oreo-based EMUI 8.0 is now made available for the Honor 8 with Model Number DUK-L09 ONLY, I repeat this will only work on the Honor 8 PRO with having the model number DUK-L09 and with build number DUK-L09 126.96.36.1990 (C900log) running on your device.
Before you start first your device should have unlocked bootloader and a custom recovery installed, along with that make sure you have a backup of everything as your device will be formatted in this process.
What you need to proceed further:
- Honor 8 Pro DUK-L09
- Firmware DUK-L09 188.8.131.520 (C900log)
- The device should be unrooted and needs to have stock EMUI build
- Bootloader should be unlocked
- A custom recovery should be installed such as TWRP
- Back up your device
Files you need to download (EMUI 8.0 Firmware [Android 8.0 Oreo])
- update.zip Size:(1.92 GB)
- update_full_DUK-L09_hw_normal.zip Size:(366 MB)
- update_data_full_public.zip Size:(110 MB)
Note: Please do not change any names of these ZIP files.
After you download all the files mentioned above and make sure you don’t edit or rename anything you’re good to move ahead.
How to install Android Oreo 8.0 firmware on Honor 8 Pro
- Download all the files mentioned above
- First transfer the all the files on your device
- Reboot your device into the TWRP recovery mode, you do this by simultaneously holding the Power + Volume down key on your device, and then select recovery/custom recovery, by navigating using your volume keys.
- Now, go to install or install from SD-card
- And navigate to the files you just downloaded, First you need to flash update_full_DUK-L09_hw_normal.zip, next update_data_full_public.zip file, swipe to flash.
- This process will take few moments to install.
- Once, its done installing, just reboot your device.
We, hope you successfully install the EMUI 8.0 on your Honor 8 Pro and enjoy the latest flavor of Android.