Long back in 2014 HTC announced its Dual-Camera smartphone known as the HTC One M8. It is an old device, and HTC has stopped any further support regarding the software updates for One M8, the last update received by the smartphone was of the Android 6.0 Marshmallow and Android Oreo update is already out.
We know that we cannot customize our smartphone but wait its software can be tuned unofficially. So in today’s article, we will be sharing a way by which you can install the latest Android 8.0 Oreo on your HTC M8.
Firstly let me make you clear we are making this thing happen with the use of Lineage OS 15, in case you don’t know Lineage OS 15 is a custom ROM, and one of the biggest merits of this ROM is that it offers pure stock Android experience with low or no bloatware. And enjoying it on your old HTC M8 will be a real joy. To install this ROM there are some pre-required conditions, your device should have an unlocked bootloader, and TWRP recovery should be installed on it.
You may also like: List of HTC phones expected to get the Android Oreo 8.x Update
How to Install Android 8.0 Oreo(Lineage OS 15) on your HTC One M8?
- ) First, download the below-mentioned files on your device namely Lineage OS 15 ROM and Gapps.
- ) Please make a backup of your important data as all data will get wiped.
- ) Now boot your device to recovery mode(TWRP).
- ) As it boots, first click on the Advanced section and from here Wipe Cache, Dalvik Cache, System, Data.
- ) Now click on the Install button and locate the Lineage OS 15 from your device after selecting it to swipe to install.
- ) As it installs click on the Wipe Dalvik Cache and again click on the Install button, now locate the Gapps file and swipe to install.
- ) As the installation will finish again select Wipe Cache option and reboot the device.
- ) First boot may take some time, so there is nothing to bother.
Download Lineage OS 15