Huawei has recently introduced its couple of new devices in India, out of which the most popular budget device is the Honor 9 Lite. The device is directly competing with the Xiaomi’s Mi A1, and the most significant merit of the device is its design and processing power.
In overall, buying this handset is a great decision as its pricing has been kept below than that of the Mi A1. The device comes powered by a Hi-Silicon Kirin 659 chipset which can handle any of the tasks you add.
If you are into rooting and want to root your Huawei Honor 9 Lite, then you are at the right place as in this article you will learn about unlocking the bootloader and rooting your device. Some devices come with unlocked bootloader while for some you have to do it by yourself and Honor 9 Lite is the biggest example of it.
The bootloader of the Honor devices cannot be unlocked by a trick as for this one has to make his/her id with Huawei developers, and from there one can grant a 16 digit code with which the bootloader can be unlocked. So we think that now you know that unlocking bootloader is the first step in the rooting process. Don’t forget to make a backup of your data and after this process, your warranty will get void.
How to Unlock Bootloader of Honor 9 Lite?
- ) Download and install ADB and Fastboot on your PC/Laptop.
- ) Turn on Developer options on your phone and there select USB debugging and OEM unlocking.
- ) Now Switch off your smartphone and long press Power button+Vol down on your device, and you will be directed to Fastboot mode.
- ) Use a working USB cable to connect your device to the PC and to check that everything is going right, launch the command prompt and type the below-mentioned command and your device will respond to it:
- ) Now if you’ve got the Unlock code, type the below command in the command prompt:
fastboot oem unlock your unlock code
- ) Wait for the process to complete and now you have a device with an unlocked bootloader.
How to Install TWRP on Honor 9 Lite?
- ) Download the TWRP file from the links given below.
- ) Paste it to the ADB folder on PC and rename it as recovery.img.
- ) Now give the below-mentioned command to the command prompt:
fastboot flash recovery recovery .img
- ) Now reboot your device with the below-mentioned command, and now you will have a custom recovery installed on your device:
How to Root the Huawei Honor 9 Lite?
- ) Don’t forget to backup everything.
- ) Download the SuperSu file from the below-given link.
- ) Paste it somewhere in your smartphone, now you can disconnect your phone from your PC.
- ) Switch off your device and go to fastboot mode by long pressing Power+Vol down key combination.
- ) Here in TWRP recovery click install and select the SuperSu.zip file, simply swipe to install.
- ) It will take a while after its completion touch on reboot option, and you’re done.
- ) Now you have a rooted Honor 9 Lite device.
There are some one-click methods available, but one can simply not rely on them as they are not compatible with every device. Make an ID as Huawei Developer from here
Download SuperSu.zip file For Honor 9 Lite
Note- The TWRP recovery of the Honor 9 Lite is not yet available so we will advise you to not flash any TWRP Recovery file on your device yet as it will result in bricking your device.
This article will be updated as soon as we get our hands on a stable and official TWRP recovery image for Honor 9 Lite.