Ok so you have got a Redmi 3S / Prime and you are thinking about flashing Android Nougat (Via Lineage OS) in it but when you check online, you find out that the bootloader is locked and there are almost no guides to tell how to unlock the bootloader, root, install TWRP and Flash Lineage OS in Redmi 3S / Prime.
So today I’ll tell you how to unlock the bootloader, flash TWRP recovery, root and flash Lineage OS in Redmi 3S / Prime.
Note: We will not be responsible for your actions. Following this guide is your own decision.
How To Unlock Bootloader On Redmi 3S / Prime
- Go to https://en.miui.com/unlock/ and place a request to unlock the bootloader. Remember the account you are using to place the request. It’s necessary. You will get a message within a week or two on the number you use with your MI account. That message should be saying “You’ve been granted the permission to unlock your device“.
- Download the latest global developer from MiUi official site. Copy the ROM Zip file in your phone’s internal memory.
- Go to Settings -> About phone -> tap on system updates -> click the dots (menu soft key) at the top right of the screen. Click on choose update package -> browse and select the copied ROM zip file. After the package is verified you will get a pop up-> select erase and update. This may take up to 10 minutes.
- Go to AndroidFileHost, download and install it on your Windows PC.
- Now you should be in the developer ROM you flashed in Step 3. Sign In to the MI account you used to place the request in Step 1.
- Go to settings -> about phone -> tap MIUI version 7 times to enable developer settings. Then go back and click on additional settings and go to developer settings.
Now enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
- Download this tool and extract it to your desktop. Launch the unlock tool and sign in using the same MI account you used in Step 1.
- Power your device off -> Press vol down the + power button till you see the fastboot logo -> connect your phone to the PC and let the drivers get installed and click unlock on you unlock tool. Your phone should reboot automatically.
Congratulations. Your Redmi 3S / Prime is unlocked successfully.
How To Install TWRP And Root Redmi 3S / Prime
- Download TWRP and SuperSU.
- Extract TWRP Installer.
- First, click on the fastboot.exe and install drivers.
- Switch off your phone and connect to the computer via USB cable.
- Start your phone by pressing Volume down + Power button.
- Now your phone will enter in Fastboot Mode.
- Double click on twrp-installer.bat
- Press any key and some commands will run automatically in cmd.
- After It shows successful, your phone will automatically boot into Recovery Mode.
- Now your phone will ask for Allowing system modifications. Allow that by swiping the screen.
- Go to Advanced Settings and choose “Disable dm-verity“.
- Reboot your device. You have now installed TWRP
- Now reboot your phone by pressing Volume up + Power button.
- Enter in Recovery.
- Choose “Install” from the TWRP main menu.
- Select supersu.zip file.
- Do “Swipe to confirm flash” and the flashing process will begin.
- Once complete, reboot your phone.
Congratulations You have successfully installed TWRP and rooted your Redmi 3S / Prime.
How to Flash Lineage OS in Redmi 3S / Prime
- Download Lineage OS from here.
- Rename ROM filename to Update.zip
- Boot your device into Recovery mode by pressing and Holding volume down + power button.
- Choose Wipe option.
- Tap on Wipe Data/Factory reset.
- Wipe Dalvik cache.
- Wipe Cache partition.
- Take Backup, The backup process takes around 5-6 minutes.
- Tap on Install.
- Choose Update.zip file which you have stored on your phone.
- The installation will start.
- Once the installation is successful, you will see reboot option.
- Reboot the device.
Congratulations You have successfully flashed Lineage OS in your Redmi 3S / Prime.
1 thought on “How to Root and Flash Lineage OS (Android Nougat) in Redmi 3S / Prime”
nice one post admin