Nintendo’s play on the go Nintendo Switch gaming console is now getting a new firmware update with a lot of improvements. The Nintendo switch is getting updated to firmware version 8.0.0. Nintendo’s Joy-Con controllers are also getting their own updates as well. The latest update fixes some of the underlying bugs that are present and brings a ton of new changes to the console, the transfer of data from one system to another to prevent the system from waking up in Sleep Mode is one such unique feature which was highly requested by fans and is now coming to switch in the latest update.
Without any further ado now, Let’s check out the changelog of the Nintendo Switch 8.0.0 Update.
Nintendo Switch 8.0.0 System Functionality Update
- A new sort feature is now available after selecting to view All Software from the HOME Menu. You can sort software by the time last played, total play time, software title, and software publisher.
- A new View All Available News option is available now within News. It allows you to view all news items that are being currently distributed.
- New User icons are there. You can now select from 15 new icons from the Splatoon™ 2 and Yoshi’s Crafted World™ games for your user.
- An option to Transfer Your Save Data is now available. You can now transfer your save data for individual games between your Nintendo Switch systems.
- A new Zoom feature can now be enabled from within System Settings.
- There is a new feature to prevent the system from waking from Sleep Mode when an AC adapter is disconnected.
- There is a new option in Parental Controls. VR Mode (3D Visuals) can now be restricted within Parental Controls.
- Hong Kong / Taiwan / South Korea is available for selection in Region
If you haven’t received the update on your switch yet, you can manually update it to the latest firmware. Open the settings menu, select system and then choose update. To update the controllers, open the controllers and sensors menu and then select the option to update controllers.