Samsung is all ready to launch its new Galaxy S9 handset in the upcoming months, but today we have new information for all the Galaxy S7 Edge users.
Recently Samsung Galaxy S8 has received the new Oreo Beta update but what about the Galaxy S7-series devices, if you want to experience the latest Android 8.1 Oreo experience early on your S7 Edge device then you are at the right place as today we will be explaining to you that how you can install Android Oreo unofficially.
Today we will use LineageOS 15.1 ROM which is unofficial but provides an experience near to stable. This ROM is based on the latest Android 8.1 Oreo and features all-new exclusive features that come with Android Oreo from Google. As we mentioned above, it is not in its final stage but is near to stable, if you still want to use it then follow the below mentioned steps. Firstly your device should be rooted and have unlocked bootloader with a custom recovery installed in it.
How to Install LineageOS 15.1(Android 8.1 Oreo) on your Galaxy S7 Edge?
- ) Firstly download LineageOS ROM, and open Gapps from the below provided links.
- ) Transfer them to your smartphone.
- ) Boot your Galaxy S7 Edge to recovery mode and here click on the Wipe option: wipe data, cache and Dalvik cache.
- ) Click on the Install button and locate the ROM from the storage, now swipe to install the ROM.
- ) As it finishes the installation again select the Install option and locate the Gapps present in the storage, swipe to install.
- ) After installation Reboot the device and you’re done.
Download LineageOS 15.1