Patch Tuesday for February is here and so is a new update for the Windows 10 version 1803, 1809, 1709 and other older versions – Here are all the perceiving details of it :
What is this update of KB4487044??
KB4487044 jounces the version number to build 17763.316, and this will fix problems regarding authentication, Windows Hello for Business, and an issue that allows users to bypass the Lock screen when using HoloLens.
Microsoft ’s update of KB4487044 is also referred to as a “February 12, 2019—KB4487044 (OS Build 17763.316)”. If you are already running the Windows 10 version 1809 on your device, then this update will solve the following problems :
- Issues related to Hello for Business Hybrid Key Trust deployment sing-in to fail if Windows 2019 Server domain controller (DC) used for authentication.
- Allows users to bypass the lock screen sign-in process in some workflows with HoloLens.
- It will prevent the issues related to the application using Microsoft Jet Database with the Microsoft Access 97 file format from opening.
- Security updates to Microsoft Scripting Engine, Microsoft Edge, Windows Server, the Microsoft JET Database Engine, Internet Explorer, Windows Wireless Networking, Windows Storage and Filesystems, Windows Input and Composition, Windows Graphics, and Windows App Platform and Frameworks.
Update KB4487017 for Windows 10 version 1803
The April 2018 update version 1803 also getting an update KB4487017 and if you’re already using this version 1803 on your PC, this update will address these issues :
- Adds top-level domain support to the HTTP Strict Transport Security(HSTS) preloaded for the Microsoft edge and Internet Explorer 11.
- It will prevent Microsoft edge from connecting using Ithe P addresses.
- It may prevent applications that use a Microsoft Jet Database with the Microsoft Access 97 from file format from opening.
- Issues related to failed attempts to set the LMCompatability Level value correctly.
- Security updates to Microsoft Scripting Engine, Internet Explorer, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Graphics, Windows Input and Composition, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows Storage and Filesystems, Windows Server, and the Microsoft JET Database Engine.
How helpful will this update for decrepit versions of Windows 10?
Although a few versions like 1703 is no longer supported, organizations running the education or enterprises edition of Windows 10 are getting KB4487017 updates, which will address similar problems as the newer versions and jounces the version to build 15063.1631.
Also, Windows 10 version 1507(original version) is getting an update as well even though it also no longer a supported version. This update will address several issues with the oldest versions of the operating system.
How to Download the February 12 Windows 10 Update?
These updates are available immediately; they’ll download and install automatically. But, you can always download this update manually from Settings > Update & Security > Windows update and clicking the check for update button.
KB4487017 Windows 10 update offline download Links: Windows 10 KB4487017 offline Download Links: 32-bit (x86) and 64-bit. To learn more about this update, you can head over to this Microsoft link.