There was a time when Sony Xperia-series devices were leading the market, but unfortunately, 2016-2017 was a bad year for the brand though they have tried their best by launching the devices like Xperia XZ, Xperia XZ premium and much more. Old devices of Xperia series has a charm due to which some people are still using them. And our today’s article is also about one of the old Sony Xperia devices. If you still own a Xperia Z3 device and are tired of its old OS then here you will get to know how you can upgrade your Xperia Z3 to the latest Android Oreo.
Yes you people heard it right we are talking about the Android Oreo, don’t expect that someday Sony will be providing it, but there are some alternative methods by which you can do it. To install Android 8.0 Oreo on your Xperia Z3, we need to install the LineageOS 15 which is a custom ROM based on the latest Android Oreo. To make it happen you need a Rooted device, do not try this method on a non-rooted device.
We have provided the links to the files which you need to download. And the major pre-requirement for this ROM is that TWRP recovery should be installed on the device.
How to Install LineageOS 15(Android 8.0 Oreo) on the Sony Xperia Z3?
- ) Firstly place the downloaded file(LineageOS 15) to your SD-Card.
- ) Don’t try to extract it and rename it as “update.zip.”
- ) Now turn off your device and long press the Vol down+Power button and after a short vibration you will be directed to the Recovery mode.
- ) Now click on Wipe, Wipe Dalvik Cache and Cache partition.
- ) Now click on the Install icon and select the “update.zip,” swipe the install button.
- ) After installation click on the reboot button.
Now you have successfully installed the Android 8.0 Oreo on your Xperia Z3, for more updates stay tuned to us.
Download LineageOS 15 for Xperia Z3