Samsung’s mighty Galaxy Note 8 series now starts getting the highly anticipated Android Oreo 8.0 update, after months of waiting. According to many Reddit users, the update is over the air and appeared randomly on their device. Interestingly, the update is rolling out only for the Exynos based variant of the Galaxy Note 8 (N950F). It is also being claimed that this is a possibly stable build of Android Oreo 8.0, with a cherry on top as 2nd January Security update.
This latest update brings tons of new features, and it is now running on Samsung Experience version 9.0. The build number is R16NW.N950FXXU2CRA1.DM and following are the various changes and improvements that come with this update.
- Auto-fill API with full bio-metrics support for all apps and browser
- Colored media notifications
- Thoroughly customization options for notification badges
- Newly, improved keyboard
- Ability to backup Samsung’s secure folder to Samsung cloud
- Edge lighting updates (New colors)
- Notification categories support
- Picture-in-Picture mode for YouTube and Gmaps were reported
- Ability to ONLY view items from Samsung cloud
- The new Keyboard now uses gify for gif search support
- Improved Bluetooth and high-quality audio codecs added
- Samsung Pass now lets you managed passwords of third-party apps
- App-specific long press menus from launcher can no longer put apps to sleep on that list or open app settings
These were new improvements reported by the Reddit user, if you to take a look at the forums on Reddit for the Galaxy Note 8, just visit here. Lastly, the Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ is still in its last stages of Beta and the Stable Oreo for it, won’t take much longer, same applies to the Snapdragon-based variants of the Note 8. However, the devices on Carrier might take a little extra time.