Coolpad, a China-based brand has earlier launched its Coolpad Note 5 device in India, it comes powered by a Qualcomm processor, but as the new Cool 1 has arrived, it has created the competition for its brother. Now even though the Coolpad Note 5 smartphone is a relatively old device. Still, there are a lot of users who are using it.
The last update it has received is the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, and in today’s article, we will show how you can update your old Coolpad Note 5 to the latest Android 8.0 Oreo.
Currently, Android 8.0 Oreo is the latest Android version, and it brings some revolutionary features to the device including Adaptive icons, Split screen, improved security, etc. But if your device is old then you cannot enjoy these latest features, but if you are in rooting and all then you may know that by rooting a device we can install a custom ROM. In this article, we are using the most popular LineageOS 15 for installing the Android Oreo.
Do note that your device should be rooted and have a custom recovery like TWRP installed.
How to Install Android 8.0 Oreo(LineageOS 15) on your Coolpad Note 5?
- ) First, download the LineageOS 15 files for the device and don’t extract it.
- ) After that Rename it as “update.zip” and move it to the SD-card.
- ) Now switch off your device and long press Vol Up+Power button until the recovery mode opens.
- ) From here click on Wipe, clear Dalvik Cache and Cache partition.
- ) Then click on Install and select the “update.zip” file and slide to install.
- ) After installing click on reboot and its done.
Download LineageOS 15 for Coolpad Note 5